The main responsibility of the Procurement Section Head is to search for appropriate merchandise required for their employees and organization. The Procurement Section Head evaluates suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability, and selection variety. The Procurement Section Head is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. He will also be involved with contract negotiations, terms and conditions.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
– Develop the procurement strategy in line with the organization strategic goals and objectives
– To monitor Internal and external procurement activities and inventory to ensure the continuous flow of work.
– Manage keeping track of the procurement procedures based on effective key performance indicators according to the best standards to assure total quality management in the procurement procedures and updating the KPI regularly as per policies and procedures.
– Priorities and manage all procurement activities using a range of contracts and contract management techniques and provide management information as appropriate.
– To oversee the all of the functions of the Procurement Section, from the procedures of the requisitions, request for quotation RFQ & request for proposals RFP. Proceeding on the purchasing & delivering procedures & coordinating with the finance team for the payment procedures for the suppliers. And preparing & Issuing LPOs & quotations. Preparing & proceeding on the tendering & contracting procedures etc.
– Develop and implement policies and procedures to cover all procurement and logistics activities and implement review timetables.
– To oversee the approved supplier list, introducing vendor assessment techniques to measure performance and quality of supply
– Research and produce papers and reports to all relevant bodies and levels of management to enable proper evaluation of proposals and information only topics.
– Developing an evaluation system for all suppliers (local / external) and taking into account, the geographical location of supplier, The volume of production of the supplier’s factories, The level of technical and technological development of the supplier and Stability of the supplier
– Maintaining & building strong relations with the approved suppliers & enhancing the relations with our prequalified suppliers
– Open and maintain records of purchases and the store and monitoring them in accordance with the regulations established by the Director of Finance and Administration after approval from the Director-General.
– To conduct the annual inventory and unexpected count, and following up with the all the negative financial procedures.
– To carry out the implementation of plans and tasks of activities relating to the store and purchasing following the provisions of laws and financial regulations.
– Other duties assigned
Specialized Competencies and Skills:
– Develop and recommend purchasing procedures and policies
– Recruit, hire, train and evaluate employees, recommending or initiating promotions, transfers and disciplinary action as required.
– Ability to work with departments across the organization
– Good problem solving and analytical skills
– Strong sense of customer service
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
– Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
– Must understand inventory management, purchasing and sourcing
– Knowledge of ERP systems and supply chain data
– Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate with peers and management at all levels of the organization. Must enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
– Strong computer skills, with expertise in Excel, as well as other business operating systems
– Strong organizational abilities, oral & written communications and interpersonal skills
– Knowledge of Purchasing, Inventory Control, and inventory management
– Ability to analyze and make improvement recommendations
Minimum Yeas of Experience:
– Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the same or related field
– Bachelor’s Degree/ master Degree in Business Administration.
Note: – We are looking for Male Candidates