Government of UAE has issued new directives to issue new visa types and revise existing UAE visa fees. The law will be effective from August 1, 2014.
According to revised UAE visa fees details, visa fees for certain types of visas have been hiked, while new multiple entry visas have now been introduced for students, medical tourists and business visitors.
The new measures will include the issuing of a new array of entry permits and visas, such as multiple entry permits for visit or work; the activation of study visas, and entry permits for medical care and attending conferences.
A Dh5,000 refundable deposit will be collected for cancelling a sponsor’s residence visa without cancelling the visas of the sponsored family members. The deposit will be refunded once the sponsor adjusts their status.
A Dh3,000 refundable deposit will be collected for sponsorship of each family member for a female investor, while a Dh5,000 refundable deposit will be collected for humanitarian cases determined by the Minister of the Interior.
The new Cabinet decision sets up a fund for the deportation of violators of the residency rules. Resources for the fund will come from deposits encashed after applicants fail to honour their obligations under the law.
A Dh100 fine will be imposed on users of residency department portals who fail to fill in applications accurately, according to the new rules.
Individual applicants who fail to honour any declaration or affidavit will be fined Dh500, while in the case of a corporate applicant the fine will be Dh2,000.
Companies that fail to adjust the legal status of their sponsored workers on time will be fined Dh1,000 for each worker, while failure to report any change in the company’s details to the ministry will cost Dh1,000.
A Dh5,000 fine will be imposed on those who misuse the residency system or submit bogus reports to the residency -departments across the country.
Repeat offenders within a year will have their fines doubled, not exceeding Dh50,000.
Revised UAE Visa Fees effective from August 1, 2014
- Employment Visa (Government): Dh200
- Employment Visa (Private Sector, Free Zones, Investors): Dh250
- Residence Visa (Government) Dh200
- Residence Visa (Private Sector, Free Zones, Investors): Dh250
- Employment Visa (Domestic workers sponsored by Emiratis, GCC citizens): Dh150
- Employment Visa (Domestic workers sponsored by residents): Dh200
- Employment Visa (Domestic workers sponsored by investors): Dh250
- Residence Visa for real estate owners: Dh1,100
- Multiple Entry Visa for work: Dh2,100
- Visa for medical treatment: Dh550
- Multiple Entry Visa for treatment: Dh1,400
- Residence Visa for study or training: Dh550
- Multiple Entry Visa for work or tourism: Dh1,500
- Entry Visa for GCC State Resident’s Companions: 150
- Renewal of GCC State Residents Companions’ Visa: 250
- Entry Visa for GCC State Residents: Dh200
- Renewal of GCC State Resident’s Visa:Dh700
- Transit Entry Visa: 100