Industry: Oil, Gas & Energy
Location: Abu Dhabi
JOB TITLE: PROCESS PANEL OPERATOR
1. Operates units and system equipments such as Sepraters, K O Drums, Strippers, Pumps, Electric Motors, Boilers, Desalintin units, Air Compressors, API Separators, Dehydration and Desaltation facilities, instrumentation for measurement and control of pressure, flow, temperature, level and whole of the tankfarm area for storage and export activities.
2. Takes required action to correct operating conditions when alarms are activated.
3. Collects daily required crude oil, condensate water samples, prepares and operates in line samples for tankship loading.
4. Monitors plant parameters and records in the plant log sheets every 2 or 4 hours a variety of readings such as oil / gas, air/stream/water flows and tank levels / temperatures.
5. Tours the tank farm process areas regularly during assigned shift checks on installation, equipment and valves to ensure smooth and safe operations of the system.
6. Checks and inputs collected data for oil accounting purpose.
7. Start up, shutdown, isolates, adjusts flow rates/levels/pressures/temperatures on various operational units to achieve optimum performance.
ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES
1. Makes routine checks on all equipment and units to ensure proper functioning
2. Gauges manually all crude oil and condensate tanks and prepares official gauging reports in the presence of assigned government oil inspectors.
3. Prepares equipment for maintenance / checks the condition of the equipment on completion of the maintenance and prepares for commissioning by following an approved established procedure.
4. Reports equipment and instrument defects, leaks, storage tank condition etc immediately to supervisor and in emergency situations takes possible quick action.
HSE ROLE/ OPERATING PROCEDURES
1. Monitors work sites, ensures fulfilling relevant work permit conditions, checks completed work to ensure adherence to work permit conditions and maintaining good housekeeping.
2. Ensures that equipment / system is integrated safely into operation after completion of work.
3. Reads and acquaints own self with operating manuals, procedures, standing instructions and plant operating parameters and ensures compliance with same during routine and non routine jobs.
• Completion of secondary technical education or equivalent
• 5 years experience in an oil refinery or in a petrochemical complex
• Good knowledge of English Language