Industry: Abu Dhabi
To conceptualize, architect, design, develop and implement quality software solutions and achieve customer satisfaction using JEE Technologies under minimal direction.
Key Accountabilities Key Activities:
• Interact with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
• Collect, identify, define, and organize detailed user and information technology requirements
• Coordinate and collaborate with others in analysing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations
• Create System Requirements Specifications and Detailed Business Requirements.
• Gain an understanding of system and business requirements to convert the requirements into business and technical solution design
• Conceptualize and designs portions of business and technical information technology solutions through appropriate software development life cycle methodology
• Establish and maintains security, integrity, and business continuity controls
• Create software architecture
• Create software design specifications.
• Construct portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
• Create test case specifications
• Conduct various application testing such as unit, integration, security, performance etc.
• Implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
• Train end users on application functionality and administration.
• Application production, performance, and availability monitoring and tuning.
• Production problem analysis and correction to avoid future problems.
• Perform modifications, changes, or other maintenance necessary to correct errors according to its applicable specifications, and any applicable service levels.
• Analyse and determine root cause of failure within the supported applications.
• Perform minor application enhancements.
• Create system documentation such as User Manual, Admin Manual, Production Support Handbook, Training Guides etc.
• Provide technical solution for JEE based requirements
• Create technical proposals for JEE based requirements
• Stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
• Support junior team members, where required
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, EE 6 Web Component Developer (preferred)
• IBM Certified Solution Designer – Object Oriented Analysis and Design (preferred)
• Oracle Application Integration Architecture 11g Certified Implementation Specialist (Preferred)
• Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect (Preferred)
• 5-8 years’ experience in software engineering
Job Specific Skills:
• Proficient in Requirements Engineering
• Proficient in Object Oriented Design
• Proficient in Design Patterns
• Expert in Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
• Expert in UML
• Expert in Java Language
• Proficient in JEE (JSP, JSF, Servlets, JDBC,EJB)
• Expert in Web Services (XML,SOAP,UDDI, WSDL)
• Expert in Service Oriented Architecture
• Expert in Struts , Spring and Hibernate Framework
• Expert in ADF Framework
• Proficient in Security (JAAS)
• Proficient in Application Deployment on Weblogic & Tomcat
• Expert in SQL & RDBMS
• Expert in Entity Relation Diagram
• Proficient in Development Tools (Jdeveloper, Eclipse)
• 2 middleware integrators (Java, SQL Developers (5-7years experience)) to integrate the created web services with the existing ESB(enterprise Service Bus) for a period of 5 months.