Industry: Abu Dhabi
To design, develop and implement and support quality software solutions and achieve customer satisfaction using .Net Technologies under general direction.
Key Accountabilities Key Activities:
• Interact with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
• Collect, identify, define, and organize detailed user and information technology requirements
• Coordinate and collaborate with others in analysing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations
• Create System Requirements Specifications and Detailed Business Requirements
• Gain an understanding of system and business requirements to convert the requirements into business and technical solution design
• Conceptualize and design portions of business and technical information technology solutions through software development life cycle methodology
• Establish and maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls
• Create software design specifications
• Construct portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
• Create test case specifications
• Conduct various application testing such as unit, integration, security, performance etc.
• Implement business and technical solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
• Train end users on application functionality and administration
• Application production, performance, and availability monitoring and tuning.
• Production problem analysis and correction to avoid future problems.
• Perform modifications, changes, or other maintenance necessary to correct errors according to its applicable specifications, and any applicable service levels.
• Provide incident management and request management for support calls.
• Provide analysis and resolution for service requests.
• Analyse and determine root cause of failure within the supported applications.
• Monitor calls progress in appropriate tools.
• Perform minor application enhancements
• Create system documentation such as User Manual, Admin Manual, Production Support Handbook, Training Guides etc.
• Stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
• Support junior team members, where required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Certification in Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) (preferred)
• Certification in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (preferred)
• 3-5 years’ experience in software engineering
Job Specific Skills:
• The required resources should have strong technical skills in the following technologies and tools:
* Experience: 3-5 years of experience
* Languages & DB: C#, Oracle
* Web Based Technologies: Web Services, ASP.NET, MVC, XML, jQuery, AJAX, WebAPI
* Frameworks: .NET 4
* Databases: Oracle, MS SQL
* Application/Web Servers IIS
* Build Tools: Visual Studio 2012
* Project Management Tools: MS Project, Microsoft TFS
* Version Control Systems: Microsoft TFS
* Bug Reporting Tools: Microsoft TFS