Industry: Abu Dhabi
To design, develop and implement and support quality software solutions and achieve customer satisfaction using JEE Technologies under general direction.
Key Accountabilities Key Activities:
• Interact with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
• Collect, identify, define, and organize detailed user and information technology requirements
• Coordinate and collaborate with others in analysing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations
• Create System Requirements Specifications and Detailed Business Requirements.
• Gain an understanding of system and business requirements to convert the requirements into business and technical solution design
• Conceptualize and design portions of business and technical information technology solutions through software development life cycle methodology
• Establish and maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls
• Create software design specifications.
• Construct portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
• Create test case specifications
• Conduct various application testing such as unit, integration, security, performance etc.
• Implement business and technical solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
• Train end users on application functionality and administration
• Application production, performance, and availability monitoring and tuning.
• Production problem analysis and correction to avoid future problems.
• Perform modifications, changes, or other maintenance necessary to correct errors according to its applicable specifications, and any applicable service levels.
• Provide incident management and request management for support calls.
• Provide analysis and resolution for service requests.
• Analyse and determine root cause of failure within the supported applications.
• Monitor calls progress in appropriate tools.
• Perform minor application enhancements.
• Create system documentation such as User Manual, Admin Manual, Production Support Handbook, Training Guides etc.
• Stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
• Support junior team members, where required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer (Preferred)
• IBM Certified Solution Designer – Object Oriented Analysis and Design (Preferred)
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Web Services Developer (Preferred)
• Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, EE 6 Web Component Developer (Preferred)
• 3-5 years’ experience in software engineering
Job Specific Skills:
• Knowledge of Requirements Engineering
• Proficient in Object Oriented Design
• Proficient in Design Patterns
• Proficient in Model-View-Controller (MVC)
• Proficient in UML
• Proficient in Java Language
• Expert in JEE (JSP, JSF, Servlets, JDBC,EJB)
• Proficient in Web Services (XML,SOAP,UDDI, WSDL)
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
• Expert in Struts ,Spring and Hibernate Framework
• Proficient in ADF Framework
• Knowledge of Security (JAAS)
• Proficient in Application Deployment on Weblogic & Tomcat
• Expert in SQL & RDBMS
• Proficient in Entity Relation Diagram
• Expert in Development Tools (Jdeveloper, Eclipse)
• 2 middleware integrators (Java, SQL Developers (3-5years experience) to integrate the created web services with the existing ESB(enterprise Service Bus) for a period of 5 months.