• Bachelor of Nursing Science or equivalent Diploma in Nursing from a recognized Nursing Institute.
• Proof of valid registration as a Registered Nurse from the home country or an internationally recognized body.
• Western trained nurses preferred.
• Clinical competence and relevant experience in areas of pre-operative patient assessment and pain management.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with effective decision making, problem solving, and conflict management abilities.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, implementing and maintaining infection control practices.
• Ability to function in a multi-disciplinary team.
• English language proficiency at a native level (written and spoken) is essential.
• Excellent computer skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Verbal Arabic skills
• Knowledge of Hospital Information Systems (HIS).
• Provides pain management consultation as need is identified.
• Performs and documents a comprehensive history and in depth health Assessment
• Integrates theory, current research and evidence from nursing and allied Healthcare professionals, to identify and articulate the rational for selecting pain interventions
• Performs patient rounds, evaluates patient needs and makes recommendations for treatment
• Co-ordinates and ensures continuity of care for clients and their families requiring pain management.
• Demonstrates collaborative practice as an integral part of the Inter-professional team.
• Monitors, evaluates and documents outcomes of decisions and intervention